This position can be based in Lake Forest, IL, Saint Charles, IL, Downingtown, PA, or Kinston, SC.
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
- Working Engineering Manager of small technical group
- Establishes, coordinates and directs cup and carton process-improvement initiatives involving new methods, equipment and materials. Defines specification standards accordingly.
- Monitors equipment condition to maintain necessary performance levels with the plant teams. Directs and coordinates predictive and preventive maintenance Check & Adjust with the plant engineers and tech managers.
- Provides technical operations support for cup and carton manufacturing problems. Develops and leads process-improvement initiatives to address specific issues as they arise.
- Develops OEE and Quality improvement plans with the plant Cup and Carton teams to meet Pactiv targets. Serves as the central conduit for associated information designed to improve quality and productivity.
- Supports materials innovation and savings via internal and external resources in substitution, alternative coatings and processing. Collaborates with Design and Manufacturing to drive engineered scrap and productivity opportunities.
- Coordinates and delivers training methods and capabilities including machinery, process, technique, safety, quality and productivity training. Provides “OJT” for tools, techniques and methods as necessary.
- Monitors the new and used equipment markets to maintain and research innovations and opportunities with vendors, equipment manufacturers, suppliers, and technical and trade associations.
- Bachelors in Engineering – preferred
- 10+ years of plant experience in technical and management roles - well versed in all facets of plant operations and maintenance with a strong emphasis on safety.
- Technical experience must include successful project management and working/hands-on knowledge of paperboard equipment, materials and processes.
- Demonstrated collaborative ability in dynamic organizational environments.
- ACAD proficiency a plus.
- Strong analytical skills using standard software packages such as Excel and maintenance work order systems to identify opportunities and validate holding improvement gains.
- 75% travel within North America