Enable next generation diode and fiber lasers by managing process engineering teams through development and supporting transition from concept to high volume manufacturing. Lead teams through continuous improvement activities in a manufacturing environment of released products, support production as appropriate and coordinate effectively with a wide range of cross functional groups. Reports to the Director of Process Engineering.
- Transform team with vision, mission and direction to build and ramp laser based product lines as part of a key strategy in a vertically integrated organization
- Drive continuous improvement opportunities and yield metrics utilizing wide variety of analytical techniques (such as SPC, DOE, Gage R&R), lean manufacturing and six sigma concepts.
- Assess and drive strategic process development projects based on recent external advancements in appropriate technical field, and qualify into production as capable processes.
- Support transition of new products from prototype to volume production utilizing DFSS and DFM.
- Coordinate with cross functional departments (Quality, Sourcing, Planning, Production, Development, Finance IT)
- Support manufacturing of released processes and products including generating BOMs and routers, documenting work instructions and support training of personnel.
- Lead, engage, develop and coach team of up to 15 engineers and technicians
- Support implementation and drive improvements in Business Management Systems
- Master’s in Engineering (Optical, Physics, Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical) or exceptional industrialexperience in closely related technologies.
- 5 years of management experience with progressive responsibilities.
- 7+ years of experience in process or product development of lasers, optics or related discipline.
- Strong record of problem solving through structured methodologies and implementing robust processes and systems.
- Strong situational leadership skills with ability to hire talent, build self-directed and high performing teams
- Ability for assertive management and conflict resolution
- Ability to coordinate effectively with cross functional, multi-cultural teams located globally.
- Ability to manage multiple and dynamic projects, make decisions with sub optimal data and under high pressure.
- Experience with setting up new product lines, and transitioning into volume production.
- Green Belt, Black Belt or Lean Expert Preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.