Process Engineering Manager Responsibilities
- Extrusion process in the facility.
- Increasing yields, improve productivity while reducing scrap levels.
- Utilize lab equipment to tweak formulations as needed to proceed to full line trials.
- Analyze and evaluate department manufacturing systems, processes, equipment and materials for associated costs, time, ergonomic, quality, and quantity factors. Recommend changes related to the analysis and coordinate design and development of new processes, systems, equipment, and materials.
- Write and distribute manufacturing changes to affected personnel as well as training operators.
- Assist in problem solving activities related to assigned area for product support.
- Implement lean manufacturing principles.
- Develop strategies for process improvement and evaluate the the impact.
- Drive root cause analysis.
- Evaluate and prepare justification for procurement of new machines and equipment.
- Order selected equipment, oversee installation and train employees on the proper use of the equipment.
- Focus on reduction of change-over times.
- Partner with machine operators to identify needs and develop solutions.
- Promoting and stressing worker safety, assist in audits, participate in plant wide safety team as necessary.
- Ensure quality products and processes are maintained.
Education and Experience
- 4 yeardegree in industrial, plasticmechanical, chemical or similar degree
- Must have experience in a manufacturing background with process type work
- Experience in plastic extrusion processes and formulation development is desired.