The Process Engineering Group within UT Technology Delivery is responsible for the deliverables supporting new and existing UNIPOL™ PE licensing clients. The Univation Process Engineering Group also provides engineering support to the Commercial organization in obtaining new businesses. The Process Engineering Role requires multi-functional interactions and includes the following responsibilities.
Lead a process engineering team primarily consisting of Univation employees, service providers, and contractor engineering resources in the delivery of Univation Licensed Technology Process Design Packages (PDP’s) to new clients.
- Ensure the assigned PDP parts are delivered on time and are of high quality by verifying the various deliverables are consistent within and across the process parts.
- PDP deliverables include Design and Operating Considerations, Health and Safety Considerations, Major Equipment Performance Specifications, Minor Equipment and Relief Device Performance Specifications, Control System Data Sheets, Logic Descriptions and Logic Diagrams, Process and Control Diagrams, and Line Lists.
- Use of ASPEN Simulator will be required along with Zyqad and Smart Plant P&ID (SPPID) and SmartSketch software. Just in time training is provided for PDP team members unfamiliar with these automated tools, along with UT in house Zyqad bridges and SPPID workbooks.
- Other deliverables include information for the Prologue, Supplement and Process Design Data Report volumes of the PDP.
- Ensure any required early deliverables are provided on time and with high quality.
- Prepare and present the Process Orientation Training Slides to clients after the PDP’s are finished.
- Ensures that the process design is safe, meets LOPA and other EH&S requirements.
- Participate in P&ID, PDP2, BDEP, and/or HAZOP reviews in support of licensee detailed design activities.
Lead a process engineering team in the development and delivery of capacity expansion or new catalyst technology Process Design Documents (PDD’s) to existing clients. These types of retrofit PDD’s require more experience, knowledge and background of the UNIPOL technology and process parts to properly evaluate existing equipment for new capacities and conditions. This type of assignment may require site visits to the client's plant to evaluate the existing equipment. These site surveys are typically attended by a Manufacturing Leader (ML) along with the Lead Process Engineer for the project.
- Resolve and answer non-routine technical or project issues, and follow-up questions for existing licensing clients in the form of Engineering Service Requests (ESR’s).
- Develop Project Transmittals (PT’s) as necessary to document and communicate corrections/improvements to client’s PDP’s. The category of change may involve mandatory changes, improvement notices, errata, or licensee requests.
- Help maintain and keep the Evergreen PDP and associated tools and databases up to date with improvements / fixes based on input from previous PDP teams, manufacturing suggestions, technology developments, etc. The Evergreen PDP provides the starting point and basic structure for the PDP development for newly licensed plants.
- Work effectively and efficiently with all Univation functions - R&D/Manufacturing Field Support Group/Marketing/Catalyst Business/Commercial Organization - to successfully deliver value to Univation’s customers
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering is required.
- A minimum of 10-15 years UNIPOL™ PE Process design or related technology experience required.