Process Engineer - Columbus, Ohio United States- # 8910
Date:01/26/2018Relocation Paid:Yes Will relocate from: NationwideSalary:$90,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - YearlyEmployment Type:Full Time / Direct Hire
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Primary Function: To assist the Manufacturing Director in all areas of production and testing required. This position works in conjunction with R&D on existing products, product modifications and new products to evaluate process capabilities and recommend manufacturing line selection to achieve the optimal process and product quality that meet or exceed customer expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review new formulations to verify processing capability within our manufacturing assets.
- Review old formulation to improve efficiency and profitability.
- Liaison between R&D LAB trials and Manufacturing to confirm first runs are successful.
- Evaluate process capability of engineered thermoplastics (ETP) formulations.
- Provide project updates to the Corporate Process Manger and advise of any problems encountered.
- Conduct producttrials at NA plants as required and maintain trial / project records.
- Assist the Corporate Process Manger in any additional duties assigned.
- Stay abreast of new developments with ETP?s and evaluate opportunities where these can positively impact our products.
- Utilize a strong understanding of our NA processing capabilities
- Travel to NA plant locations for producttrials.
- B.S in Engineeringrequired, Polymer or Chemistry/Chemical studies highly preferred.
- Minimum of 2years?experience in processing ETP colors with twin screw extruder REQUIRED
- Analytical / problem solving skills related to product and process required.
- Good verbal, written and presentation communication skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs Word / Excel / PowerPoint and database management programs.
- Overnight travel of >=35% including travel to Canada and Mexico.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the need for current or future sponsorship for employment visa status
- Experience formulating additive and color Masterbatch.
- Experience processing and formulating Engineered Thermoplastics.
- Experience in Compounding.
- Experience in high loading of organic pigments.
- Experience in Flame Retardants and other performance additives.
- Knowledge or liquid or pril colorants.
- Underwater pelletizing troubleshootingexperience.
- REQUIRED-In depth knowledge of ETP extrusion processing, preferably in Masterbatch.
- Working knowledge of a carbon black, additives and a broad range of polymers.
- MUST be US Citizen or Permanent Resident