Design and deliver to production new and modified engineered products to meet the requirements of the customer in a timely and cost effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Develops and coordinates projects, plans and schedules from conception, design, development and evaluation of major new products as well as design improvement and cost reduction efforts on existing products having significant impact on the company’s operations.
- Provide design concept, development timetables and anticipated cost for team review and approval.
- Establishes, coordinates and maintains project programs meeting timetable parameters and developing concepts and designs as required.
- Works with manufacturing to assure most efficient methods of manufacture and assembly within appropriate codes and regulations
- Finalizes all engineering documentation necessary for product release.
- Assists manufacturing with implementation into production including suggested parameters for test of production units and preparation of final design revisions as may be required.
- Assists in establishing and/or upgrading internal engineering standards and practices. May assist in planning allocations of resources.
- Conduct risk analysis and feasibility request for new or modified products
- Facilitate manufacturing of the new product and test in line with written test plans
- Produce engineering reports documenting the process and performance of the new product
Qualifications/Special Skills and Abilities
- Detailed understanding of diagnostic, product testing, failure analysis, and debugging techniques
- Demonstrated ability to take designs into productions
- Ability to work independently to drive projects to a conclusion quickly and accurately
- Self-starter with strong leadership and demonstrated problem solving ability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Develop relationships, manage expectations and communicate on a formal and informal basis with senior executive and managers
Education and Experience
- BS in Engineering field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in product engineering
- Rubber manufacturing experiencepreferred