Veolia Water Technologies, Inc. (VWT) is currently seeking a Process Engineer for our Cary, NC office.
- Responsibilities include preliminary and final design, BioWin modeling, hydraulic calculations, major equipment sizing and selection, P&ID review, project bid specifications and drawing review, plant commissioning, on site support during performance test period, and operator training. Travel in the field is approximately 25%.
- This position supports the MBBR, IFAS, BAF, MBR and activated sludge BNR technologies.
- Review project specifications and plans relevant to supplied equipment.
- Process design based on specifications and/or discussions.
- Prepare budget proposals or bids based on specifications, peer review designs by others.
- Develop controls description and P&ID’s for plant operation.
- Conduct lab testing as needed for development of process guarantees or plant troubleshooting.
- Conduct startup and train personnel on full scale systems as needed.
- Support customers and engineers on plant design and operation including troubleshooting.
- Improve system, design and efficiency in terms of performance energy and cost.
- Collaborate with process, mechanical, application, sales and consulting engineers.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in water or wastewater treatment design.
- Experience with biological nutrient removal and activated sludge design and commissioning is required. Experience with fixed film treatment systems, membranes, filtration, and coagulation/flocculation is desired.
- Travel will be approximately 25%.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.