Process Engineer - Textile Finishing
5 - 7 years experience • Automotive
70-year-old premier textile manufacturer of innovative interiors for the automotive industry. Whether it's a sports sedan, luxury coupe or SUV, all of their materials feature the distinctive style, flawless performance and luxurious comfort that appeal to customers around the globe.
This position provides technical and process engineeringsupport for management and teammates in the Textile Finishing / Lamination operation in the manufacturing of products to maintain and improve quality and lower manufacturing costs.
Responsibilities for the Process Engineer include but are not limited to the following:
The Process Engineer supports and partners with management and teammates with a focus on safety, quality and production from a process engineering standpoint. Able to teach people correct method of performing work and willing to have daily feedback with operators when correct method not being performed.
This position provides technical and process engineeringsupport for the management team and hourly teammates in the Textile Finishing/Lamination operation in the manufacturing of products to maintain and improve quality and lower manufacturing costs.
The Process Engineer plays a vital role in supporting day to day manufacturing operations in evaluating processes and recommending process changes with a focus on continuous improvement. This position instructs teammates on the use of current and newly developed equipment processes and related standards.
This position drives the maintenance and development of standard driven processes and product specifications as well as related functions and projects to ensure manufacturing effectiveness and efficiency. In addition this position coordinates plans and facilitates projects including trials, testing, and runs to support the management team and the operation.
Requirements for the Process Engineer include but are not limited to the following:
- Bachelordegree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineeringpreferred.
- At least 5years of prior experience in a Textile Finishing (preferably Tenter - lamination operation) manufacturing / production environment.
- Continuous improvement expertise is preferred.
- Basic computer skills (programming not required), but need to be able to navigate Jomar, Access, etc.
- Problem-solving ability
- Ability to work independently and create daily tasks / problem-solving / defect containment
- Strong work ethic
- Organizational skills to follow trials/projects over long time periods