- Conducts and/or participates in engineering projects. Monitors day-to day production results. Translates process to flow sheet representation. Designs and specifies operation of plant processes. Considers broad economic as well as technical aspects of projects.
- Assists in preparing proposals. Develops findings, draws conclusions and makes recommendations. Prepares engineering reports, cost estimates and process transmittals.
- Contributes to the design of moderately complex engineering projects or handles parts of a major project. Contributes ideas for safer, less expensive or new techniques whether or not situation is related to a specific project.
- Is responsible for meeting engineering assignments within time and budget constraints.
- Maintains technical skill and knowledge at state of the art level.
- Works with other process engineers and production personnel at other plants, as well as their home location.
- Contacts or visits other manufacturing facilities as necessary. Has contact with Sales, Marketing and Accounting, administrative functions and suppliers and professional organizations. Works with integrity and upholds the values of the organization.
- Receives moderate direction and some supervision. Much latitude is given for planning work. Work is occasionally reviewed for accuracy, completeness, and timeliness.
- Provide technical supervision and instructions to process operators. Mentors and assists entry level professionals and peers in procedural as well as technical matters.
- This position will report to an a Technical manager but may be under the working supervision of a Senior Engineer or Area Manager
- Act as a change agent to foster and support a daily work improvement culture throughout the organization.
- Participate/facilitate process improvement and strategic goal setting sessions throughout the business.
- Drive the data collection and analytics to identify opportunities for improvement and conduct and facilitate process improvement projects and ongoing facility gap assessments around continuous improvement efforts.
- Propose and implement process improvements.
- Identify trends and process variations as part of establishing a continuous improvement monitoring system.
- Supports the business in decision making through data analysis and interpretation.
- Assist in standardizing and sharing Best-In-Class engineering and continuous improvement practices throughout the organization.
The successful candidate will possess an engineering degree in chemical, agricultural process engineering or mechanical engineering and have 5 plus years or relevant experience. Strong competence in core technical subjects is important. Other characteristics including leadership and effective communication skills are also key factors. The ability to work in a team environment is necessary