The process engineer is responsible for performing process engineering calculations and address the process engineering design challenges related to sulfur recovery processes; keeping abreast of industry codes, standards, regulations and guidelines; meeting or exceed project expectations in a timely manner within the budget limits and coordinating with intra / inter disciplinary team and provide the required deliverables as and when requested. He/she is also in charge of defining the process for sulfur treatment/recovery to optimize product delivery throughout the facility, considering inputs from clients, products specifications, and cost of solution; and defining process equipment and utilities for O&G facilities during proposal and project execution.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Review and understand client specifications during proposal phase. Raise clarifications and deviations not inline with Company standards.
- Create the design basis, project specifications and philosophies.
- Perform process engineering and develop all process engineering deliverables conforming to project specifications and international standards, as per project schedule and considering project budget.
- Size and define all process systems and utilities to support on cost estimation during proposals and finalize detail sizing and specification during project execution. Define material selection for piping and equipment.
- Lead and assist junior process engineers when developing engineering deliverables.
- Provide inputs to other disciplines during project execution.
- Participate in engineering meetings.
- Provide engineering hours estimate during proposals for its discipline. Responsible for tracking engineering hours for its discipline during project execution.
- Prepare technical requisition and technical bid analysis for sulfur recovery packages and equipment. Participate in HAZOP, HAZID, SIL and other safety studies.
- Participate in 3D model interdisciplinary reviews.
- Review, comment and approve the outsourced process engineering design.
- Co-ordinate with the piping team in development of plot plan.
- Produce Installation, Operation (Start-up and Shut-down) and Maintenance Instruction manuals, including lists for Consumables, Special Tools, Lubricants, and Utilities.
- Perform on-site start-up and / or trouble shooting.
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge in its discipline in accordance to applicable codes and standards.
- Provide support to processing facilities as required by Operations on engineering/technical matters.
- Ability and willingness to travel, as required to fulfill project and business needs.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 15 years’ experience in SRU (sulfur recovery unit) and cryogenic processes.
- Prior work experience in EPCs, Engineering Consultancies, Production Facility Engineering, Site Engineering support for Pre-commissioning, Commissioning activities
- Thorough sulfur recovery facility process engineering knowledge with strong Engineering background
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.