The Opportunity | Senior Process Engineer
Develop new or modified process formulations, define processing or handling equipment requirements and specifications, and review processing techniques and methods applied in the manufacture, fabrication, and evaluation of products, with the objective to produce new products/processes, improve quality, increase efficiency and reduce cost. Involvement may begin at any step from pilot plant to full-scale manufacturing. Coordinates design requirement review with appropriate engineering/scientific personnel to ensure compatibility of processing methods. Compiles and evaluates test data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process or material specifications. May conceive and plan projects involving definition and selection of new concepts, equipment automation technology, and approaches in the processing or development of new or improved processes.
- Performs various analysis, design and/or assembly related to product design, manufacturing, software or hardware engineering projects.
- Defines, interprets and develops quality standards for receiving, in-process and final inspection in accordance with company and contractual requirements.
- Investigates and analyzes a variety of technical manufacturing and customer issues providing technical assistance in establishing procedures and methods. Reviews and evaluates complex in-process rejections and trends implementing corrective action as needed.
- Reviews and evaluates a variety of routine and semi-routine in-process rejections and trends implementing corrective action as needed. Interfaces with customers, vendors and all company departments to resolve technical and quality problems.
- Performs technical surveillance of a semi-routine nature in the control of product, design concepts, software and specification requirements.
- Support manufacturing with process improvements and troubleshoot problems with production processes.
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years' experience in analyzing, optimizing, and developing manufacturing processes.
- Hands on Thermal Spray experience coating Aerospace and Ground Turbine components.
- Familiarity with Thermal spray coating specs and requirements for major OEMs.
- Experience with Tool design (solid works a plus) and fabrication necessary for the process (i.e. spray fixtures and masking).
- Able to bring new component for coating application from process development to production.
- Strong project management skills required.
- Strong documentation and data collection skills to capture and analyze process for continuous improvement.
- Able to create process work instructions and procedures for the entire process.
- Programming experience with Fanuc and/or ABB robots.
- Offline programming experience with Mastercam, robot studio, or Roboguide a plus.
- Experience with automation of thermal spray processes or similar special processes (i.e. deburring, shot peen, abrasive blast, welding, painting) a plus.
- Experience with CNC/ PLC programming a plus.
- Assist with training production personnel on new processes.
- Good understanding of release process, product flow charts, and concurrent engineering principals and methodology.
- Understanding of project management with strong analytical skills, interpersonal skills, and understanding of MS Office (Project, Excel, PowerPoint).
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.