The Senior Process Engineer must be an energetic, self-motivated, and innovative individual who shall possess the skills required to successfully develop and execute project tasks and deliverables, be a collaborative team player, and have a strong drive to deliver to customers. This person will provide process engineering technical support and leadership to develop and implement process concepts and designs on technically complex projects. The Senior Process Engineer is responsible for coordinating with other disciplines including architects, mechanical, I&C, and electrical engineers and also client personnel to ensure the design requirements are met. Project sizes will vary, and will consist primarily of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or industrial process projects including both existing renovations / retrofits and new construction.
- B.S. Degree in Chemical or Bio Engineering preferred
- 15 plus years of experience required, much of this preferably in a design firm setting
- Professional Registration a plus
- Experience with developing process strategies/philosophies for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or industrial processes required
- Experience with FDA, EMA, and other regulatory standards and requirements required
- Experience with MS Office products especially Word, Visio and Excel required
- Lead projects from a process perspective, to direct the process design effort required
- Present process designs to existing and new clients required
- Advanced knowledge and application of cGMP’s and ASME BPE required
- Ability to direct process design activities and lead a team of engineers required
- Gathering process data and develop project requirements.
- Directing the development of mass balances and detailed equipment lists for complex processes.
- Developing process description narratives, process flow diagrams, and P&IDs.
- Working directly with facility planners to layout the process needs including space, adjacencies, and flows.
- Working with the project manager and other discipline leads to ensure process deliverables and all the necessary details related to the process are delivered on time, fully coordinated, and within the project budget.
- Researching process equipment providers and making recommendations / selections based on client and project requirements.
- Writing process equipment specifications for complex equipment.
- Writing testing requirements and attending factory acceptance tests (FATs) for equipment.
- Following projects after construction documents are issued and reviewing submittals, answering RFIs, and making field visits to verify progression of process scope is proceeding per the intent of the design.
- Directing activities of CAD and Designer support staff.
- Representing CRB with external partners and clients and developing key relationships throughout the industry including participation in industry organizations, writing papers/articles, and speaking and presenting.
- Staying abreast of the latest technologies used in our industry and being aware of the approximate costs of the various technologies that could be used to solve our clients’ design challenges.