Established Large Durable Goods Manufacturer is seeking a Process Engineer to join their team in Fort Smith, Arkansas.
Determines and implements engineering solutions to manufacturing processes having an important effect on plant operations.
Execute classical industrial and manufacturing engineering functions at a high level of application and effect within the organization.
- Perform capacity analysis, suggest changeover improvements, specify new tooling.
- Review material and process flow of Cut to length, press, brake press operations, and coil handling operations.
- Suggest improvements with a lean focus.
- Complete implementation of major new product introductions, process changes and improvements, and manufacturing facility projects. Support Factory Master Plans as necessary.
- Support day to day operations using tools of the engineering discipline.
- Develop and implement solutions that improve the quality and efficiency of the various manufacturing processes in fabrication and assembly operations.
- Apply various technical problem-solving techniques to evaluate recommended manufacturing improvement strategies and programs – 5 Why analysis, 1 x 1 problems solving , FMEA, and other Root cause strategies.
- Investigate, develop, and implement solutions to production bottlenecks and stoppages in production considering such factors as safety, ergonomics, quality, and cost.
- Investigate and analyze design, drawing, and engineering change orders for such factors as necessity for change, practicality, and economy of manufacture and determine plan of action necessary to control change.
- Initiate justifications, issue engineering procedures, order materials, and follow through to completion projects that are based on cost reduction and product or plant improvement.
- Clearly and effectively present ideas and problem solutions to department heads and plant management.
- Analyze and plan manufacturing space, equipment, tooling, personnel and time requirements for the manufacture of current or new products.
- Analyze operations, processes, and manufacturing sequences to make improvements and reduce operating time and cost.
- Develop requests for approval of expenditures – capital, expense, and purchase requisitions. Develop, organize and lead plant level cross-functional project teams including personnel from Engineering, QA, Materials, and Production (salaried and hourly).
- Lead CIP/Lean teams, Kaizen events, 5S events and complete tasks assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent technical field : ME / IE preferred
- Minimum two years related work experience in a Manufacturing/Assembly environment
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and leadership skills.
- Ability to manage multiple/major projects.
- Strong computer skills.
- Comprehension of cost and financial accounting principles, vendor identification and development, material handling systems, plant layout, capacity and methods analysis, tooling and metal fabrication processes, and lean manufacturing principles.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Six SigmaBlack Belt certification.
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFMA), AutoCAD, Pro-E, PLC’s, and CNC programming.