Job Purpose & Responsibilities
SABIC is a world leader in providing engineering thermoplastic material solutions. In more than 60 countries worldwide, we help redefine the way OEMs design -- from concept to reality. Polycarbonate film and sheet extrusion is a growing technology for SABIC functional Forms Division. We provide high-performance sheet and film products used in thousands of applications worldwide. Functional Forms does business with many industries, including automotive, appliances, digital markets and targets many diverse applications that include flame retardant (electrical) and FDA. Functional Forms seeks to improve its manufacturing capabilities to meet high customer demand and standards.
• Lead engineering process improvement for sheet extrusion.
• Utilize root cause and corrective action plans to resolve issues related to quality, yield and equipment reliability.
• Utilize design of experiment techniques to improve extruder and calendaring roll performance for distortion and stress.
• Lead process sustainability improvements for sheet extrusion.
• Develop standard run conditions.
• Update and/or develop detailed operating procedures.
• Utilize LEAN tools to reduce change over time and loss.
• Provide routine daily process technical support.
• Provide technical expertise and leadership in polycarbonate material manufacturing (resin drying and conveying, screw design, calendaring roll design for textured and polished process, extrusion process optimization, cutting, and winding).
• Work closely with the product technology, commercial and customer teams to transition development of new products or technologies for process improvement to six sigma manufacturing capability.
• Drive asset utilization and improve overall service performance by leading plant flexibility/capability improvements.
• BS Engineering.
• At least 5 years of manufacturing experience, preferably in the sheet or film processing industry or graduate of SABIC ODP program.
• Demonstrated ability to meet program and/or operating plan metrics.
• Extremely strong team leadership and cross-functional communication skills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Ability to work with high a degree of reliability and self-reliance.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States