WSP is currently seeking a Process Engineer/Project Manager to join our GTA Industrial Group, located at our 600 Cochrane Road, Markham office or our 600 Chartwell Road, Oakville office. Reporting to the Manufacturing Practice Lead this position will be responsible for providing process and equipment design expertise in the dairy industry for the Ontario Manufacturing Group. You will apply your PM, process / equipment knowledge in the dairy industry on project work from conceptual design through completion. Your experience and connections in the industry will be valuable in helping WSP to continue to build its brand. Technical quality, cost effectiveness, building and maintaining client relationships, and working with a team of engineers and designers are integral parts of this role. This requires an experienced person who is able to work independently or work within teams to organize workload and direct designers to meet agreed schedules.
- Experience in dairy industry with specifications, design, operation and trouble shooting
- Preparation of process design and equipment specifications
- Work with a minimum of instructions and complete tasks independently;
- Manage multidiscipline projects and clients;
- Coordination with various departments and disciplines required for project implementation;
- Industrial and Commercial field reviews;
- Write and review technical reports, and construction specifications;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs;
- Must be able to attend industrial sites and observe all applicable safety regulations;
- Must possess a valid driver's license;
- Ability to work and complete tasks independently, make decisions and take responsibility on technical matters,
- Must possess a team player attitude and be able to work in project team environment.
- Education requirements; Degree in process engineering from an accredited school and Professional Engineer in Ontario, other provinces/states a benefit;
- Required experience; 10 years of working on industrial projects in the dairy field;
- Soft skills; able to interact, as part of a team, with all types of clients and teammates; proactive and able to manage time well; able to build relationships;
- Technical skills; experience in one or more of the following industries: dairy, food and beverage, chemical, steel, cement, oil and gas, and CEMA standards, Building Codes, CSA standards, and ASHRAE standards;
- Communication skills. Be fluent in the English language with excellent verbal and written communication skills with working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs.