Attractions to the job:
We are looking for passionate and highly-motivated Process Engineering Specialists. As a Process Engineer, you'll be responsible for leading and coordinating efforts to develop process and material flow as well as identify and quantify tools, systems and processes needed to effectively manage projects from the start of construction to completion. This role requires the ability to develop a process from scratch and the operational experience and drive to implement and manage the program. This role also requires the ability to work cross functional teams - in particular working with Construction, Operations and Product, to develop solutions that enhance our ability to deliver projects on time, to specifications and on budget.
What will you do?
- Invent, Design and Implement Engineering solutions for complex construction activities, material flow and human/machine efficiency problems.
- Identify and develop material flow, process designs, and site layout plans to implement optimal solutions for Project Managers, Contractors and on-construction site employees and partners.
- Troubleshoot process issues and implement changes embodying our Continuous Improvement and Operational Excellence culture.
- Develop Construction process standards leveraging kaizens best practices to reduce exceptions, improve efficiency and reduce costs
- Develop and streamline all of the current processes, tools, systems, documents and standards to ensure an exceptional and consistent customer experience
- Collaborate with Internal teams (Operations, Construction and Product etc) and external partners to create high quality, cost effective solutions
How do you qualify?
- Bring 5+ years of experience in Design/Innovation, Research & Development, Manufacturing/Process/Industrial Engineering or related fields
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical, Industrial or Civil engineering) or related field
- It would be nice if you had your Masters degree in Engineering (any discipline), Operations, Business Administration, or a related field and at least five years of progressively responsible experience
- Strong experience using business/technical software such as MS Excel, MS Project, and CAD software.
- Experience designing solutions for large and complex operations.
- Ability to travel 20% within the country to interact with internal and external business and industry leaders.
- It's ideal if you have experience with process design based on Lean Principles and with Design-in Safety
- It would be awesome if you have experience in the construction industry
- Automated controls experience is preferred.
- It would be nice if you had capital project management skills.