Our client, a global manufacturing organization, is seeking an experienced Engineering professional to join their team, located in Salt Lake City, UT, to work in the capacity of Process Engineer. The chosen candidate will be responsible for enabling and expanding injection molding manufacturing capabilities of assigned injection molding processes/profiles to produce customer product at a high level of quality, while optimizing processing parameters. You will advance the use of new product/technology integration into the injection molding manufacturing process and continuously improve our capabilities to meet customer's dynamic needs for new products and faster manufacturability. The ideal candidate must possess a background and work experience in injection molding manufacturing/continuous improvement projects, working within a team environment and influencing others.
*Responsible for developing new injection molding manufacturing processes, procedures, protocols, and supporting systems to enable manufacturing to meet customer expectations and grow the business.
* Collaborate and partner with Operations, Maintenance and other Process Owners, to troubleshoot and improve the manufacturability of the product design(s) they are tasked with producing.
* Responsible for creating and developing a deployment /implementation strategy for new products and applications in injection molding manufacturing that affect his/her assigned processes/profiles.
* Collaborate and partner with and problem solve with Product Designers when materials or design issues make the product difficult or impossible to produce without issues.
* Provide a strong base of knowledge and experience in injection molding technologies, implementation of known and unknown/untested technologies, and deployment of creative solutions.
* Train the facility resources with the proper use of problem solving techniques, quality tools and process related variables in order to achieve productivity targets.
Best Industry ? Manufacturing, Aluminum, Plastics
Best Department ? Engineering, R&D
B.S. in Engineering is required. MS Degree in an engineering discipline is a plus.
5 ? 7 years of process engineering experience is required.
Familiarity with injection machinery and plastics processing (multiple technologies) is required. Background and familiarity in R&D, new product development processes is preferred.
Strong project management skills are required.
Ability to partner with operations and maintenance teams in the plant as well as product/machine designers and customers external to the plant is required.
Experience creating and implementing new work processes, systems, help chains, implementation plans, and training/skill development within the structure of the current manufacturing and maintenance teams.
Proficiency with MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, etc.) is required.
Functional experience utilizing NFI, CAD software is required.
Background in implementing continuous improvement projects in a manufacturing setting is strongly preferred.
Up to 15% Regional/Domestic travelrequired.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.