$80K — $100K *
The primary purpose of this job is to apply intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles, analytical techniques, measurements and actions needed establish and improve manufacturing processes; troubleshoot problems with production and take corrective action; coordinate cross functional teams to improve overall manufacturing performance, schedule completions, eliminate and/ore reduce waste and improve quality in broad areas of assignments and related fields. Ensures Integer internal and external customer expectations are met or exceeded.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
* Adheres to Integer’s Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
* Interacts with all levels of the organizations to ensure that all necessary procedures and processes are in place.
* Plans, organizes, and manages related projects and coordinate with team members as appropriate.
* Functions as a fully competent engineer in all conventional aspects of subject matter or functional area of assignments.
* Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or total project of moderate scope.
* Independently performs assignments, receiving instruction only regarding general expected results.
* Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
* Investigates, develops, qualifies, and implements new process technologies of moderate scope.
* Provide support to management and production to improve injection process cycle time, scrap rate, attainment and implement process improvement through Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma concepts.
* Identify and record any problems relating to injection molding machine, auxiliary equipment, injection molds, robot, product, process, or quality system.
* Troubleshoot injection molding machine, molding process, tool issues, molding parts problems with scientific molding tools, take corrective actions plan and timelines.
* Research, evaluating and justify purchase of equipment or upgrades to existing equipment. Performs equipment and tooling installation qualifications as required.
* Work closely with the maintenance and tool room department to develop preventive maintenance programs.
* Work closely with Production Supervisors and Operations personnel to achieve and maintain departmental goals.
* Identify potential cost reductions, maintain and improve production efficiency levels and metrics for operations (OE, Scrap, Attainment, Labor, Efficiency).
* Maintain and improve safety and quality (safety devices, guarding equipment, spare parts list, set-up instructions, and troubleshooting protocol).
* Implement applications of mistake proofing, SQC and DOE techniques for root cause and defect analysis.
* Develop and /or certify equipment processing, start-up, training and process instructions.
* Supervise, training and mentor process technicians and /or assigned personnel as needed.
* Launching and validating new injection mold, using scientific molding techniques and tools.
* Creating and maintain documentation for the injection molding machine.
Education & Experience:
* Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or 10 plus years direct experience in Injection molding
* Minimum Experience: 5+ years of experience in the injection molding area, knowledge of scientific molding, RJG techniques, development window study, experience with injection molding auxiliary equipment, thermolator, resin dryers, color feeders, resin blender, chillers, robot, sprue picker arm, hot runner controls, external valve gate control.
* Experience development process window with multi cavity molds, hot runner molds, sequential valve gate, molds, cool runner mold, mold with core pulls.
Knowledge & Skills:
* Special Skills: Strong written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated ability to lead team activities and act as a coach.
* Specialized Knowledge: Computer skills as required by stated accountabilities. Word-processing and spreadsheet skills. Excellent problem solving skills.
* English language skills able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
* Math skills Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
* Physical Demands - General office and manufacturing environment. Able to perform any job on shop floor.
* Work environment: Manufacturing environment is temperature and humidity controlled, with controlled access for minimal foreign material introduction into molded products
* Computer Skills Advanced Excel skills; Minitab skills a plus.
Valid through: 7/8/2021