This opening is in our Kawneer business in Bloomsburg, PA. We are the leading manufacturer of architectural aluminum products and systems for the commercial construction industry. Kawneer is part of Arconic’s global Building and Construction Systems (BCS) business unit, which manufactures and markets architectural systems and products in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East
The Process Engineer – Paint is responsible for identifying and driving process improvement in the paint line for increased throughput at reduced per unit cost through both capital and non-capital projects.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for driving PM & TPM for equipment uptime to world class at or above 98% while growing the culture of equipment shared ownership between operations and engineering and maintenance;
- Identify and develop process improvements for paint and paint processes;
- Incorporate Arconic EHS principals in every process change;
- Draft cost justifications for major process upgrades;
- Perform Project Management for installation and start up new or upgraded equipment;
- Oversee and improve the Preventive Maintenance Program (PM) for the Paint Department ensuring that all PM’s are updated and current;
- Be responsible for paint technical downtime;
- Manage process improvement during implementation;
- This role requires approximately 75% floor time / 25% office time.
Major Activities and Key Challenges Include:
- Ability to analyze difficult and complex engineering systems and render clear interpretation and direction;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word);
- Ability to read electrical and hydraulic/pneumatic schematics;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to take the initiative, provide leadership, meet deadlines and work in a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Industrial Engineering from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing or related field working with coatings, engineering planning systems, and / or project managementexperience;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Experience with paint application processes including pre-treatment, waste water treatment and application of both liquid and powder paints;
- Ability to take the initiative, provide leadership, meet deadlines and work in a team environment;
- Understanding paint color evaluation and management;
- Understanding of defect analysis and the impact on processes;
- Quality oriented regarding surface quality and vendor capability.