Suwannee American Cement, LLC., part of Oldcastle Materials, is a world-class operation based in Branford, Florida. Since 2003, we have been manufacturing high-quality cement for the Florida and Southern Georgia construction markets. We are recognized as an industry leader in producing high-quality cement, adopting sustainable practices and reducing the environmental impact of the cement production process. Suwannee American Cement has successful, ongoing initiatives focused on quality, the environment and its employees. SAC invests in the training and professional development of its employees and is committed to making its products within the framework and philosophy of environmental responsibility. We promote a strong safety culture, and have dedicated professionals who are focused on their own safety and the safety of their co-workers.
The Process Engineer is responsible for the operational improvements of all aspects of the Plant production including computer applications for process controls. The successful candidate will be able to improve industrial processes in order to improve efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability and maximize profitability.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Analyze operations of the Plant and make recommendations for process improvement including Cost/Benefit Analysis.
- Develop process control automation and computer applications for process control.
- Prepare reports on the process of operating efficiencies and failure investigation tests.
- Perform tests on operating plant systems to determine the efficiencies of the equipment.
- Provide assistance to management in maintain the Plant within environmental and quality performance regulations.
- Perform audits and involved with month-end activity reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works closely with the equipment suppliers, plant staff and Process Area Teams to ensure the successful operation of the plant.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering, or other related discipline and/or equivalent combination of knowledge, skills and abilities.
- 5+ years direct experience in a cement or similar manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering fundamentals and proficiency in Microsoft Office, PLC, SAP, TIS and AutoCAD.
- The ideal candidate will possess a strong commitment to safety and have experience contributing to a positive, employee oriented culture
- Knowledge and understanding of functional areas within the company. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Project management skills.
- High ethical and professional standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and exemplary oral/written communication skills.
- Strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus. Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and ability to present themselves professionally.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Moderate travelrequired; must be willing to work in or travel to otherlocations as needed. Must be available as needed during non-traditional work hours.
- Must be able to work independently and with groups. Must be able to work under time constraints as needed.
- Ability to communicate with civic leaders and local, state, and national policy makers.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion.
Job ID: 127251