The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) provides process engineering support to production organizations to ensure excellence in Process Safety, Reliability, Margin/Energy Optimization, and Threat Mitigation. The TSE works closely with the front line Operations Support Engineers (OSEs) and Operations Specialist to ensure long term reliability, and profitability from the operating assets. In addition, the TSE plays a key role in Continuous Improvement, Threat Mitigation, and Turnaround Planning.
- Perform proactive technical monitoring with regards to long term technical KPIs
- Provide technical assurance to (OSEs) and operations personnel during test runs, abnormal situations, and unplanned outages
- Maintain all Process Models within the areas he/she supports including integration with the Site Linear Program
- Develop and implement plans to mitigate threats to unit availability
- Utilize sound Causal Learning methods for problem solving and participating in investigations
- Lead, participate, and provide technical review level assurance in the Management of Change to ensure robust Process Safety Management for changes to be implemented
- Identify opportunities for Margin and Energy improvements and drive changes to capture these opportunities via established work processes
- Provide process engineering support to Turnaround Planning and Execution to ensure Reliability and TA objectives are met
- Provide support to capital projects to ensure proper implementation and performance when integrated into existing operating units and systems
- Mentor and coach OSEs, Operations Technical Leadership and peer Discipline Engineers
- Become an active member of the Unit Performance Team for the assigned area
- Provide long term technical support and assurance for assigned process unit(s)
- Act as an agent of the business to maintain safe, reliable, and profitable operations that are free of environmental consequence
- Works to mitigate threats to operating units via the Unit Performance Team
- Able and willing to stop unsafe work at all times
- Able and willing to coach and mentor OSEs and operations personnel
- Must be capable of being the Responsible Person (RP), and provide a technical review level of technical assurance to all assigned or initiated MOCs
- Become an active member of the refinery’s Crude Flex Team
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering required
- Minimum 4 years of relevant process engineering experience
- Minimum 2 years of manufacturing site experience with strong operation interface
- Process Modelling experiencepreferred for steady state simulation packages such as HYSYS or KBC
- Solid understanding of Yield Accounting
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Understands how to manage critical knowledge and information to stakeholders
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Motiva jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Motiva affiliates and service providers..
Motiva and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Motiva. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Motiva representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Motiva participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.