Position : Process Engineer
Location : Madison, WI 53704
Salary : DOE
Provide engineering and production support, to die casting operations, by developing and maintaining robust processes while striving to achieve lowest cost and highest quality production methods. Must ensure that customer specified quality levels are met or exceeded. Support launch of new products through APQP launch process as needed.
1. Responsible for overseeing all activity associated with the die casting process to include but not limited to design, simulation and build of mold and trim tools; process development of the casting process; technical choice and use of perishables (lube, sleeves, tips, spray manifolds, etc.).
2. Perform launch activity to design, document, and develop new castings in aluminum alloys. These casting processes need to meet estimated metrics and be robust to meet operating goals.
3. Support equipment uptime goals using tools such as but not limited to: experimental design, mold modifications, simulations, training, statistical tools, and casting tools.
4. Implement cost reduction ideas or projects, which increase uptime, reduce scrap, and increase throughput.
5. Gain experience in the operating parameters of assigned machine equipment; functional characteristics of mold tools, understanding cause and effect of visual defects, and metallurgy of raw material.
6. Gain experience in the performance of experimental design techniques.
7. Practice continuous improvement of key casting systems such as mold lubrication, ladling metal, extraction and process monitoring.
8. Identify, requisition and implement equipment to support the production of new or existing processes in a timely and cost effective manner.
9. Establish and maintain setup, operator instructions, critical casting parameters, checklists and training materials for all casting operations.
10. Identify bottlenecks, increase throughput, reduce inventory and non-value added activity.
11. Support estimating process as required.
12. Follow all MKC and TS16949 procedures.
13. Support launch teams in the development of APQP documents such as inspection sheets, process flow, PFMEA, and control plans.
14. Implement both internal and external change requests including cavity replace.
15. Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
16. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Prefer BS degree in Engineering, IndustrialTechnology, or other related technical science field. 2-yeardegree in Mechanical fields may be considered depending on experience. 5-7years engineeringexperience in manufacturing environment, preferably in die casting, injection molding, machining, or light assembly.