Johns Manville is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Process Engineer in Spartanburg, SC. The Process Engineer will lead continuous improvements within the Spartanburg facility in areas of product cost reduction, product quality, process capability, and new technology identification and implementation.
The Spartanburg, South Carolina plant produces a variety of polyester reinforcement, filtration and specialty fabrics using JM-proprietary Spunbond technology. As an internal supplier to JM's Roofing Systems Group and several other commercial roofing manufacturers, Spartanburg's DuraSpun and DuraGrid product lines can be found as a reinforcement in modified bitumen roofing applications worldwide. Other fabrics produced in Spartanburg are used in high performance composites, air/liquid filtration, geotextile and other specialty applications. The plant has three active production lines, is registered under the ISO-9001:2008 quality standards, and operates on a 24/7 schedule
Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify under our relocation policy.
- Supports and promotes safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements.
- Evaluate processes and programs to improve product quality, process capability, reduce cost, and ensure employee safety.
- Evaluate new technology to improve process capability and to develop new products.
- Work with the manufacturing/engineering team to transfer new technology, develop and commercialize new products, and initiate best practices.
- Resource for manufacturing engineer for optimization and troubleshooting the manufacturing process.
- Interact with company account managers and customers as required for product complaints and fitness for use issues.
- Work with raw material suppliers on new raw material developments and conduct in plant trials.
- Conduct formal root cause and corrective actions on quality complaints and process issues.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the site's quality management system.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- 3+ years of engineering experience in related technical or manufacturing process
- Experience in data analysis and computer applications systems
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience in manufacturing facility safety and quality programs
- Strong technical and administrative skills
- Ability to be physically mobile throughout the manufacturing process (stairs, heat, noise)
- Ability to safely lift material weights up to 50 pounds
- Ability to travel periodically, domestically and internationally on Company business
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical exam
- Ability to work with extended hours as necessary to complete work assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral formats
Additional consideration given for:
- Chemical degree
- Experience in polymer science or nonwovens
- ISO 9001 experience or auditor certification
- Six Sigma Certification