- Assists in the development of proposals that provide cost savings or increased efficiency. Estimates savings expected from proposals.
- Coordinates and sets up machines, lines and other equipment performing necessary tests to ensure compliance to STIHL Inc. standards. May train employees in the correct procedures for operation.
- Assists in scheduling tests for evaluating engineering procedures to audit STIHL Inc. compliance to policies, procedures, and international, federal, state and municipal legislation.
- Gathers and correlates existing data, compiles new data, performs standard statistical analyses to establish trends and offer solutions in order to resolve problems and prepares summary reports/presentations for management evaluation.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- 4 year college degreepreferred in Engineering, Manufacturing or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years related experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to process Electric Milacron and hydraulic Engel machines and various robots including Engel and Fanuc
- Experience working in a high volume Injection Molding production environment with tight tolerance requirements.
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office Suite and other software programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and have excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with polymers, vibration welding and subassembly.
- German language skills are a nice to have.