- Bold. Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. These qualities best describe employees who work for Ingevity. We believe it takes extraordinary people to create extraordinary results.
- At Ingevity, we harness the bold spirit, innate curiosity and remarkable ingenuity of our people to develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads last longer, and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
- Already a leader in markets in which we compete, we leverage our deep technical expertise and knowledge of our customers? industries to turn complex challenges into powerful possibilities and value-added solutions. We prize creativity and imagination and we?re always looking for a better, smarter way of doing things.
- We know it takes the right people with the right attitude to achieve the improbable. People who understand that there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. People with the ability to solve and the commitment to stay the course. People who work together to create meaningful impact and exponential results, for our customers and the world around us.
- Our people are our most valued asset, and the foundation of our success. Interested? We thought you might be, and we?re so glad
The Process Engineer is responsible for developing and executing projects directed toward improving and optimizing existing processes, as well as new processes and products. This includes working with multiple groups to ensure projects are executed to meet SHE, corporate engineering and Charleston Plant compliance. This position is primarily a project and design process engineer position.
- Scope, estimate and provide economic analysis for capital and non-capital projects
- Improve reliability, utilization, yield, and efficiency of existing processes
- Support, coordinate, and lead efforts in Process Safety Management (PSI, PHA, PSSR, and MOC) and Environmental compliance
- Assist Operations group with troubleshooting production problems related to processes, equipment, quality, and systems
- Collaborate with Operations group to identify process improvements and capital projects in support of the plant productivity, safety, environmental, maintenance, quality, and cost reduction objectives
- Manage capital and non-capital projects to ensure budgets and schedules are properly met
- Manage field installation of capital projects, including management of contractors
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's, Master's or Ph.D degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of 2+ years experience in a process, project engineering and/or production capacity.
- Proven experience in process and project engineering. Lean manufacturing, batch and continuous processing experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in process design and improvement, including process equipment, piping and instrumentation sizing and specification, within a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills, problem solving/troubleshooting skills, and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects
- Understanding of safety, health and environmental regulations
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- The position is in a plant environment and travel is minimal (less than 10%)
- This position is not eligible for employment sponsorship.
- Ingevity provides specialty chemicals and high-performance carbon materials and technologies that help customers solve complex problems. These products are used in a variety of demanding applications, including asphalt paving, oil exploration and production, agrochemicals, adhesives, lubricants, publication inks and automotive components that reduce gasoline vapor emissions. Through a team of experienced people, Ingevity develops, manufactures and brings to market products and processes that purify, protect and enhance the world around us.
- With about 1,500 employees worldwide, we operate in 13 countries and serve customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we?re doing business, we do things the right way ? with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.