LOCATION: Sylacauga, AL
The primary job purpose is to develop, engineer, and analyze process systems and technology for improving efficiencies on existing systems or new processes. In this role, the Process Engineer is expected to 1) quantify and communicate process technology to Management, Production, Maintenance, Administrative, and Plant Personnel, 2) troubleshoot production issues, 3) supervise and perform plant trials, 4) directly participate in the commissioning of process technologies, and 5) participate as required on internal or customer process improvement teams.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Required designs within the engineering discipline, engineering feasibility studies, economic analysis of projects, basic engineering plans, cost estimates & specifications, evaluation and selection of equipment and materials.
- Develop solutions to problems. Find & implement ideas to improve the profitability of various processing units.
- Identify problems related to routine work & determine solutions within scope of prescribed methodology
- Assist in estimating materials, time & cost of projects.
- Assist in evaluation & selection of equipment & materials.
- Assist in driving plant productivity using six sigma or lean manufacturing methods along with fundamental Chemical Engineering principles.
- Productivity improvements will focus on debottlenecking, yield improvements, operating efficiency improvements, and product quality improvements.
- Responsible for preparing financial analyses of each process improvement to determine the impact to the business and the project priority.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Basic Knowledge of engineering principles, theories, concepts & techniques.
- Problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong math and analytical skills are required
- Knowledge of statistical analytical techniques and concepts
- Demonstrated self-starter who is self-motivated
- Strong personal computer skills, Microsoft Excel and Access preferred
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BS, chemical, mechanical engineering
- 5-10 years engineering experience
REQ - 00975