IKO Industries Ltd. is a market leader in the manufacturing of roofing and building materials. IKO is a Canadian owned and operated business with production facilities worldwide and has many years of unparalleled success in the roofing materials industry. Quality, integrity, and trustworthiness are the values that underlie this success, and we have built this company by hiring people who hold these values. People like you!
We are currently seeking a Process Engineer to join our team of skilled professionals at ourKankakee, IL manufacturing plant.
The primary function of the role is to provide technical leadership to optimize cost, quality, productivity and reliability. This would include leading teams of hourly employees and staff in continuous improvement activities to achieve and sustain results in the areas of waste elimination and variation reduction. The candidate should have practical experience in continuous improvement.
- Defining and resolving process problems through individual and team-based continuous improvement activities and structured problem solving methods.
- Developing standard work and ensuring operators and supervisors are engaged and trained in running plant processes consistently.
- Commissioning new production equipment and processes, monitoring modifications, upgrades, and troubleshooting existing processes.
- Working closely with the plant engineer to monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of the plant;
- Making observations and taking measurements directly, as well as collecting and interpreting data from the other technical and operating staff involved in order to develop and implement process improvement.
- Provides technical leadership for environmental monitoring and ongoing performance of plant environmental controls and processes;
- Working closely with the operators and staff who oversee quality control of raw materials, finished products, plant maintenance, product specifications and production schedules;
- Identifying root causes and recommending the appropriate corrective actions proactively.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on work experience in a manufacturing environment with a proven track record of measurable results
- Experience in roofing and/or building materials manufacturing is a plus
- Strong understanding of Total Quality Management (TQM) and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and its practical implementation
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) is preferred (ControlLogix/ RS logic)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Basic detail and conceptual design skills
- Experience with project management and implementation from the initial planning stages to completion
- Lean six sigma skills and experience preferred
- Advanced analytical skills, and creativity in solving problems/trouble shooting
- Strong organizational skills in order to manage multiple short and long-term projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation), with the ability to effectively work with others in a team environment
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to handle complex assignments with a proactive attitude
- Strong Attention to detail and accuracy