At Rheem, we’re dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we’re innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It’s an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people’s lives—every day. The Process Engineer II will be responsible for providing technical support for process planning, control and improvements. The position involves the different phases of Rheem Manufacturing engineering projects from concept through on-going production and will be participates in specific activities as design and evaluation of processes, tooling, product costing, and preparation of specifications for bids and proposals. The individual must assist in maintaining technological control over all processes. This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Montgomery, AL WHAT YOU’LL DO
- This position performs engineering and technical procedures providing economical manufacturing methods to accomplish optimum utilization of machines, tooling, equipment, facilities, quality and timely production.
- Determine the most efficient workstation layout, machines, tools and operations required to develop optimum line balance for sequential operations. Devises and develops the use of substitute equipment, tools and operations to overcome production schedule or technical problems.
- Plan and design complex production dies, jigs, fixtures, gauges and cutting tools. Develop improvements of special hydraulic, pneumatic and electromechanical equipment.
- Participate in productivity and quality improvements by investigation, analyzing and estimating cost reduction in proposed major changes involving department layouts, methods and operation sequence, machine utilization, tools, jigs, fixtures and the introduction of automation.
- Investigate availability of special machines, restrictions of work place layout and available facilities prior to estimation material, labor and machine costs.
- Investigate new process technologies. Determines adaptability to Rheem facilities and product designs. Prepares specifications, appropriations, and initiates purchases of capital equipment and oversees their installation and implementation.
- Determine ways to reduce work-in-process, finished good inventories, raw materials or non-value added activities to aid in controlling operating cost of the facility.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering with three (3) to five (5) years of engineering experience, Graduate degree in Engineering with one (1) to three (3) years of experience or Certified Manufacturing Engineer (CMfgE) with fifteen plus (15+) years of experience working in a Manufacturing or Process Engineering Department for a manufacturing company and demonstrated ability to perform job duties.
- No travel restrictions.
- AutoCAD or similar computer aided drafting.
- Knowledgeable in pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Basic understanding of programmable logic controllers and industrialelectrical control systems.
- Project management experience and excellent organizational skills a must.