- al Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Verbal Communication – Able to clearly communicate to others at all levels within the organization.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Client projects for this position require US Citizenship.
- Candidate must be capable of obtaining a Q clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) / Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an Accredited Program;
- A minimum of four (4) years related experience and/or training.
- Experience in Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear projects is strongly preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Professional Engineer license: New Mexico – or the ability to obtain reciprocity
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financialreports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office software and Internet software. In addition, experience in the following process software packages is advantageous:
- AFT Arrow
- AFT Fathom
- AutoCad, Preferred
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job ID 2018-1145