The Process Engineer's role will be to provide technical support and guidance to leadership. To be able to operate the plant assets and recommend settings and targets for line conditions. Also, to provide technical leadership at target regarding output, usage of material(s) and energy while meeting the product specifications.
Applicants can expect to make between $84,000 to $114,000 upon hire. Pay within this range will vary based upon relevant experience, skills, and education among other factors. In addition, this position is eligible for a target incentive bonus under our variable incentive plan.
Your Day to Day:
- Maintain safety, product quality, and manufacturing effectiveness through daily troubleshooting and resolution of process difficulties
- Data analysis of process input parameters using SPC to control and establish
- Plans and directs systems and processes to ensure products produced meet or exceed established specifications: - quality manufacturing specifications. - raw material test methods - finished product test methods - certificate of analysis - deviation requests
- Participate in the continuous improvement of product quality, which will include a firm understanding of customer, manufacturing process capability, and development of semi-finish and finish product specifications.
- Supports and promotes safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Experience with process and product quality initiatives
- Experience executing process optimization utilizing data driven methodologies initiatives (i.e. Six Sigma, RCCA)
- Leadership skills (to include coaching/mentoring others within the plant, relationship skills and/or ability to communicate cross functionally).
- Experience with documenting process improvements, projects job safety analysis, root cause analysis, corrective actions and complete weekly, monthly reports.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to be flexible and assist cross functionally within the plant and roofing group
- Ability to climb stairs & ladders, lift up to 50lbs, access confined spaces, extensive walking and exposure to hot/cold.
- Ability to work extended or flexible hours as needed
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Engineering experience in a polyisocyanurate foam manufacturing environment
- Experience with Minitab
- High intellectual capacity and tenacity
- Demonstrated passion for continuous improvement with ability to analyze data and translate findings for operational improvements
- Proven ability to plan, organize and execute projects
- Demonstrated ability to build and achieve results through collaborative relationships
- Experience in training and imparting technical process requirements/knowledge to employees
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and also provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.