ou will be responsible for applying your technical expertise of materials, methods and equipment to sustain current manufacturing processes and to implement new materials and processes that will advance the performance of our products. There will be ample opportunity to lead small teams, research new technologies, and collaborate with the engineering staff in a cross-functional environment in the pursuit of both process and new product development.
- Research and develop new processes.
- Sustain and improve current processes.
- Implement lean techniques such as standard work, 5S, KANBAN and error proofing to reduce manufacturing costs and lead times.
- Select and evaluate materials. Report findings through group presentations and written reports.
- Define, generate and update documentation including ECOs, deviations, reports, work instructions, procedures and manufacturing travelers.
- Perform equipment and process validations.
- Define and document preventive maintenance requirements for process equipment.
- Assist maintenance team with equipment failure troubleshooting and repair.
- Submit purchase requisitions for required materials, tools, repair parts and equipment.
- Interface with vendors to better understand materials, processes and equipment.
- Participate in MRB meetings and troubleshoot process related product failures for root cause and corrective action.
- Interface with customers to gather technical requirements.
- Assess problems quantitatively through experimentation, data collection and applied statistical analysis (SPC and DOE).
- Research and purchase new equipment. Write and justify Capital Expense Requests (CER).
- Lead and/or participate in customer and internal process audits such ISO-9001, AS9100, IPC-6011 and IPC-6018.
- Monitor and analyze production data for trends and out of specification conditions.
- Develop spreadsheets and databases to analyze, collect and display process data.
- Complete assigned training.
- Provide Process Engineering expertise as assigned member of Integrated Product Team (IPT).
- Increase knowledge and improve control of processes through Process Mapping, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis and Control Plans.
- Instruct operators on proper equipment and process operation.
- Support execution of the Crane Business System (CBS) to monitor the Key Process Indicators (KPI) related to Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Bachelor of Science in Materials Science Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, IE, EE, ME or related field.
- 0-5 years of involvement with the manufacturing or design of electronic products.
- Familiarity with printed circuit board, thin film and/or semiconductor manufacturing processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with DMAIC problem solving approach.
- Knowledge of DFM, and PFMEA assessment processes for electronic products.
- Knowledge of Minitab, or similar, statistical analysis software.
- Familiar with Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing concepts and methods.
- Proficient with MS Office suite.
- Demonstrate perseverance through difficult situations or tough deadlines.
- Not afraid to ask questions or learn from feedback.
- Team player.
Special Work Conditions:
- Applicants selected could be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Eligibility requirements include U.S. Citizens only