$100K — $150K *
Responsible for all aspects of the design, development, and implementation of manufacturing processes (including tool path) for machining, turning or grinding, tooling/fixture design, creation/management of documentation/support drawings through the application of professionally accepted engineering principles and techniques.Roles and Responsibilities:
• Apply accepted engineering principles, completes assigned tasks efficiently under limited supervision conferring with supervisor on complex matters, specific assignment objectives, points of emphasis, reference and information sources, or possible solutions as needed.
• Create 3D models, 2D drawings and cutter path with industry standard CAD/CAM systems.
• Develop and maintain complete and accurate written records, such as technical drawings and process documentation, for new or improvements to existing product and/ or processes.
• Interpret customer and company technical drawings for sales and manufacturing departments to ensure products are manufactured in accordance with design specifications; suggests modifications to improve the manufacturing process.
• Develop manufacturing process design for product orders while working closely with production departments in developing cost effective manufacturing processes to meet or exceed customer requirements; provides cost and manufacturing information to leadership as a result.
• Collect and correlate data while following production operations through a series of related detailed steps of processes to discover discrepancies in results, suggesting solutions to problems found as a result.
• Participate in continuous improvement activities through research, benchmarking and identification of improved methods or tools to increase efficiency.
• Work on assignments that routinely include equipment design and development, test of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigations, report preparation and other activities requiring knowledge of accepted engineering principles, practices, and techniques.
• Perform data gathering work which involves conventional investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents.
• Interact with customers and suppliers to clarify points, research material and investigate improvements to current production processes.
• Function in conjunction with sales personnel, interacting directly with customers in the development of new products and to communicate the Company’s technology capabilities while providing solutions in response to customer request of current production issues.
• Provide training/cross-training in equipment, software and process operations.
• Supervise lower level engineers or technicians as a direct supervisor or in a defined project environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field and/or 6 years of experience in similar discipline.
• LSS Certified preferred.
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ceramics experience preferred.
• Must possess ability to perform detail oriented tasks utilizing excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as intermediate math and computer skills.
• Excellent listening skills.
• Proficiency in specific job related software such as CAD or SPC programs.
• Proficiency in drafting software such as AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
• Solid understanding of machining processes and associated manufacturing technologies.
• Understanding of materials and characteristics including material formulations and shrink rates for manufacturing product lines.
• Strong understanding of manufacturing/machining techniques and associated tooling/fixture design.
• Embraces the opportunity to work with diverse people from different cultures and backgrounds.
Valid through: 11/20/2020