As our Process Engineer II, you will support the daily process engineering needs of our production of Nike Air products. You will be responsible for ensuring operation and upgrading strategic manufacturing processes, which produce Nike Air components. You will design and execute experiments to understand key variables between material, process, tooling, and equipment. You’ll provide technical support to maintain, repair and/or replace equipment and tooling, as well as, modify existing production equipment to improve both reliability and functionality. In addition, you will help drive engineering activities for new products and equipment. You’ll support prototype development runs and drive commercialization of new processes and tooling while utilizing Lean Manufacturing methods to minimize waste and maximize efficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Plastics Engineering or other manufacturing related degree
- A minimum of 2 years of experience within the plastics industry
- 6 years directly related work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Troubleshootingindustrial machinery which requires knowledge in mechanical systems
- Possess a detailed and methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work with associates of all levels including directors, managers, engineers, machine operators, quality technicians, line supervisors, and maintenance technicians
Preferred additional qualifications:
- Knowledge of thermoplastic urethane processing
- Design of experiments and statistical analysis experience and skills
- Process knowledge of extrusion
- Experience in LEAN manufacturing or similar principles and practices
- Some design experience
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00340688