The ideal candidate will have skills that include: Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment, technical leadership and troubleshooting expertise with a focus on process analysis/control, variability/cost reduction, strong communication skills and ability to handle multiple projects / assignments, experience with integrating new technologies into an existing business environment, eye for detail, ability to identify process improvement opportunities and process and troubleshooting skills in support of developing a lean manufacturing environment.Key responsibilities include:
- Technical Leader on internal film qualifications for performance improvement and cost savings initiatives.
- Analysis and review of plant operations to submit quantifiable cost savings ideas while improving cost performance against budget.
- Attend/support trials and provide troubleshooting assistance for process related issues
- Maintain standard operating conditions for production equipment.
- Coordinating improvement/root cause corrective action activities in order to meet the quality expectations of the customer.
- Provide support to plant operations with miscellaneous engineering and capital projects.
- Data driven analysis of quality issues to be used as action plan for improvements to core processes.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (mechanical, chemical, industrial); or related Packaging Science
- Minimum 5 + years’ experience in a blown film manufacturing environment
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with drawing software, i.e. CAD, SolidWorks
- Greenbelt or Lean Six Sigma training
- Process improvement and capital management experience
- Extrusion OEM experience