Position Summary & Duties:
The Process Engineer position is a direct-hire position working for a specialty chemical client in the Sulphur, LA area.
The Process Engineer should possess knowledge of and demonstrated ability to develop the performance calculations and key performance indicators for critical unit operations within the plant.
Specific Process Engineer responsibilities include:
- Assist and supervise revamp work activities.Especially in process related like catalyst bed changes.
- Techno-economical evaluation of improvement schemes.
- Process Engineer will provide input on de-bottlenecking and other studies done by external contractors.
- Participate in HAZIDs and HAZOPs.
- Take a leadership role in the projects/modifications.
- Ensure Management of Change (MOC) system compliance.
- Process Engineer will provide process related information in datasheets and purchase orders.
- Provide training for operators and other technicians.
- Generation of startup and operation procedures with the operation staff.
- Process Engineer will review plant operations, generates and evaluates daily and monthly reports as necessary.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of Key Performance Indicators as required to assist operations in establishing benchmarks for performance monitoring of the facility.
- Analysis of plant equipment performance with a view to identifying opportunities for optimization.
- Process Engineer is responsible for catalyst evaluation data set collection, as well as interpretation and development of internal plant models for verification of these where necessary.
- Responsible for plant monitoring and evaluation of plant raw material consumption, production, volume/quality to identify areas of improvement.
- Process Engineer provides support to plant during start up, shut down and abnormal situations.
Process Engineer Requirements:
- BS in Chemical Engineering required
- Process Engineer experience in ethylene production plants with pyrolysis furnaces preferred.
- 15 years of experience as a process engineer in the petrochemicals industry.
- Candidates local to the Lake Charles, LA area are preferred