Leading Manufacturer of High - Tech Polymer Materials
Location near Greenfield, MA
This position is responsible for the sustainability, continuous improvement, and/or development of the extrusion and auxiliary equipment processes for the Polycarbonate and Thermoplastic Polyurethane Blown Film and Flat Die Business.
• Responsible to plan for and monitor daily production and use information to determine and implement corrective actions, process and quality improvements, Capital Investments/etc.
• Investigates production problems recommends and implements solutions.
• Directs the necessary resources and SUI Technology to provide information in a timely manner to support business goals and objectives.
• Makes decisions based on available information considering both short and long term results from the decision making process.
• Responsible for troubleshooting process, product, and equipment performance issues.
• Interacts with Middle Management, Operations Personnel, Maintenance and Vendors.
• Initiates continuous improvement efforts that ensure root-cause analysis of known, repetitive processing, product and maintenance issue’s leading to product non-conformances and machine/Infrastructure failure.
• Plans, schedules, and conducts assigned engineered work, monitors work for compliance, and coordinates assigned work amongst different divisions.
• Ensures technical accuracy of project design details.
• Assists in preparation of project proposals and regularly communicate with clients to ensure timeliness of project completion.
• Develops and maintains process condition reports.
• Develops and documents Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and trains production personnel on SOPs.
• Ability to learn and effectively use a variety of tools including SAP production and maintenance modules, purchasing/ invoicing of parts/ services to maintain/ address production processes.
• Ability to identify/ scope capital projects.
• Use Manage of Change process to document changes to processes and equipment.
• Participate in customer visits/ audits.
• Available to do limited travel to visit material and equipment suppliers.
• Bachelordegree in Engineering (mechanical or chemicalpreferred)
• 5 years progressive job experience, preferably in the Plastics industry and within a manufacturing /maintenance /engineering environment
• Working knowledge of computers and proficiency with software applications including: Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, SAP, CAD and otherengineering software.
• Extrusion and Auxiliary equipment processes for the Polycarbonate and Thermoplastic Polyurethane Blown Film and Flat Die Business.
Ajulia Executive Search is a search firm specializing in Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal and Pharmaceutical positions. This is a confidential search for one of our preferred clients. It is a direct hire position that includes competitive compensation and full comprehensive benefit package.