- Collaborates with Project Management, design team, CAD department, vendors and clients to determine needs and solutions for continuous processing systems and to develop specifications.
- Design of process systems including mass flow balances, material flow analysis, heat transfer calculations, and fluid flow calculations- generate written scopes of work.
- Assist in creation review of layout drawings, block flow diagrams, and P&ID drawings.
- Performs on-site audits and surveys of the customer's facilities and equipment.
- Prepares contractor bid packages for project equipment, components, and installations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Handles lead engineering discipline as a member of a Project Team.
- Satisfy the customer by completing the defined Scope of Work in timely fashion.
- Generate requirements for equipment performance and participate in vendor FAT's, reviews and trials
- Visit customer sites for data acquisition, meetings and to oversee installation and start-up as needed.
- Prior experience with MS Outlook, MS Project, MS Excel and MS Word
- Ability to perform in a design team environment
- Solid Oral and written communication
- Technical Writing
- Leadership skills
- 5+ years of experience in the design and layout of food and beverage or consumer goods processing lines
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Bio-Systems Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum
- AutoCAD experience.