Someone with Automotive Gears experience a MUST.
A Process Engineer develops and optimizes an economical industrial processes to produce components for the Automotive Industry.
Work is project-orientated and you may be working on a number of projects, all at various different stages, at any given time.
Typical work activities include:
- assessing processes for their relevance, and assessing the adequacy of engineering equipment;
- reviewing existing data to see if more research and information need to be collated;
- designing, installing and commissioning new production units, monitoring modifications and upgrades, and troubleshooting existing processes;
- conducting process development experiments;
- preparing reports, flow diagrams Control Plans, FMEA?s and charts;
- assessing the availability of raw materials and the safety and environmental impact of the plant;
- managing the cost and time constraints of projects;
- ensuring the process works at the optimum level, to the right rate and quality of output, in order to meet supply needs;
- making observations and taking measurements directly, as well as collecting and interpreting data from the other technical and operating staff involved;
- assuming responsibility for environmental monitoring and ongoing performance of processes and process plant;
- ensuring that all aspects of an operation or process meet specified regulations;
- Development and Continual Improvement of Operational Control Plans and FMEA?s.
- Monitoring of Process variables for trends or tolerance issues.
- Assist in the installation and initial production of new or refurbished equipment.
Bachelor?s degree and experience in the field of Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical IndustrialTechnology
A working knowledge of:
- Processes involving metal working, cutting and grinding.
- Process Documentation such as Control Plans and FMEA?s
- Equipment involved in manufacturing including assembly lines CNC mills, lathe?s and Grinders
- Equipment Controls language
The skill and ability to:
- Analyze a process and develop a plan for improved efficiency and reduced waste.
- Bilingual in English and German, is considered an asset but not essential
- Optimize the output of a process.
- Identify and eliminate waste in a manufacturing process.
- Continually improve a manufacturing process with respect to Quality & Quantity of product.
- Conduct time studies to validate improvements in throughput.
- Work with little or no supervision.
- Innovate a creative solution to a manufacturing issue