Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Specifying/implementing extrusion equipment and improving extrusion performance at the Bloomsburg facility
- Coordinating with other Kawneer extrusion facilities to develop and implement standardized extrusion best practice equipment/process.
- Overseeing and coordinating extrusion material handling equipment and practices throughout the Bloomsburg facility.
- Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Devises and implement preventative, total productive and predictive maintenance plans to drive equipment reliability to best in class.
- Develops solutions to repetitive failures and other maintenance problems and Provides troubleshooting support for electrical and mechanical systems.
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years' work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Experience with Hydraulics and project management skills.
- Aluminum extrusion experience including isothermal extrusion control.
- Experience in requesting and justifying capital funding.
- Experience in reliability excellence and use of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
- Experience with PLCs including troubleshooting and programming.
- Ability to analyze difficult and complex engineering systems and render clear interpretation and direction
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and or Autodesk Inventor
- Ability to read electrical and hydraulic/pneumatic schematic
- Working knowledge of aluminum extrusion technologies and processes