You are recognized for your team spirit and thoroughness; you are passionate about engineering and you are looking to have an impact, in your job, your workplace, and the World too, by working for a company that brings innovation to another level.
Upon your arrival, you will support the Project Development team within our Business Development unit. You will report to the Process Engineering Development Manager. This is an opportunity to collaborate with a dynamic team as you enrich your career and work on Enerkem’s unique and disruptive technology.
Your role and responsibilities will be the following:
- Support the development of various Enerkem projects around the world and provide technical assistance to the business development group
- Participate in the realization of preliminary engineering deliverables:
- BFD and PFD process diagrams
- Mass and energy assessment
- Utilities and consumables assessment
- OPEX model
- Request for environmental permit
- Design basis (BOD)
- Participate in technical and economic feasibility studies for the implementation of new designs and technologies in Enerkem plants.
- Participate in the identification and justification of deviations from Enerkem's Design Standard to be incorporated into projects in order to meet specific customer and site requirements
- Participate in the preliminary design and specification of major process equipment.
- In collaboration with the projects group, participate in the estimation of project costs.
- Participate in the development of tools and deliverable models for the various standard designs of Enerkem plants.
- Travel to meet customers to participate in project activities as well as to the Edmonton Enerkem plant for customers’ visits.
YOUR COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering
- Member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec (OIQ)
- Experience in the design of chemical, petrochemical and/or refining processes and in industrial projects (5 years of experience or more)
- Familiar with equipment design and process simulation tools (Hysys, Aspen Plus, Aspen Shell and Tube, HTRI)
- Team spirit and thoroughness
- Fluency in French and English, both oral and written.