This position requires a working knowledge of process flow diagrams, piping & instrument diagrams, mass & heat balances, basic piping system design, pump sizing, material handling methods, equipment, functional & installation specifications, as well as process instrumentation & control principles. A practical understanding of sanitary design and construction methods is preferred.
This position requires strong analytical skills, basic understanding of project management fundamentals as well as strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, & AutoCAD). Candidates need to possess effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills and work well with minimal supervision.
This position will interface with clients on projects and will be responsible for process mechanical design, specifications for process equipment and installation, equipment procurement, managing vendors and contractors, design integration of electrical/ control and instrumentation, as well as installation and start-up support.
- 5 to 10 years of industrial project engineeringexperience involving process mechanicals and automation applications. Experience in life sciences is ideal.
- Familiarity with design, start up, and operation of production, storage, and distribution systems for clean utilities
- Familiarity with ISPE Baseline guides related to design, installation, Commissioning & Qualification, and maintenance for the above listed products.
- Experience either designing GxP utility & process systems or operating and maintaining validated systems in a commercial manufacturing environment.
- Installation experience managing projects to install, expand, or maintain with oversight of contractors performing orbital welding, insulation, passivation, commissioning, and qualification.
B.S. in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or other engineering degree with process project experience