Design Group operates from 45+ offices in the US and India providing engineering, consulting, and technical services to the world's leading companies in the Food & Beverage, Life Sciences, Advanced Technology, Industrial, and other market sectors. Our 1500+ technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology, and other consulting services.
This position will be responsible for the design and implementation of integrated process related projects including design, process equipment selection and installation specifications, vendor and contractor management, process electrical / control and instrumentation design integration as well as construction management and start-up support.
- This position will be responsible for managing all aspects of integrated design build process related projects in the range of $2MM to $10MM. The Sr. Process Engineer will be accountable for all aspects of client development and project execution including: proposal development and presentations, project team leadership, project budgets and forecasting, vendor/contractor management, equipment procurement, schedule management, project engineering, and site management/installation support.
- Minimum 7 years of industrial project engineering experience involving process and related automation applications.
- Experience in the food, dairy, beverage/brewery, or personal care industries is highly preferred
- This position requires a working knowledge of process flow diagrams, piping & instrument diagrams, mass & heat balances, basic piping system design, pump sizing, material handling methods, equipment, functional & installation specifications, as well as process instrumentation & control principles.
- A practical understanding of sanitary design and construction methods and knowledge of process electrical / control and instrumentation design integration is preferred.
- This position requires strong analytical skills, basic understanding of project management fundamentals as well as strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, & AutoCAD).
- Candidates need to possess effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. This position requires an individual who is a self-starter and can work with minimal supervision.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc. The majority of this travel will be local / regional.
- BS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering is preferred but consideration will be given to other engineering degrees based on actual experience
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.