Tired of your work and ideas not being recognized?
Come work with us ? we will empower you to make decisions, ask you to focus on continuous improvement and implement your innovative ideas.
Come work where you are not just a number!
At Actuant your contributions are visible and opportunities for expanding your knowledge are unlimited.
Grow, Improve and Engage
Actuant?s guiding values and vision can only be achieved by hiring top talent. Come join a global company that has a motivated, customer-orientated, and continuous improvement focused workforce.
In return for your contributions to achieving our vision ? you will be rewarded for your performance, have access to virtual and hands on learning and development opportunities and have the potential for career growth.
To learn more about the exciting reasons to work at Actuant click on the links below:
Actuant Corporation is a $1.2B diversified industrial company serving customers from operations in more than 30 countries. The Actuant businesses are leaders in a broad array of niche markets including branded hydraulic tools and solutions; specialized products and services for energy markets and highly engineered position and motion control systems. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Actuant business operations are divided into three segments focused on the markets we serve.
Cortland is a global designer and manufacturer of engineered synthetic ropes, heavy lift slings, electro-optical-mechanical cables, and umbilicals. Cortland is a part of Actuant Corporation (NYSE: ATU), a diversified industrial company with operations in more than 30 countries worldwide. Cortland has been created out of four successful companies - Cortland Cable, Cortland Puget Sound Rope, Cortland Fibron BX, and Cortland Selantic
The Process Engineer position is integral to the success of our growing business, contributions of the position include; the development of processes and documentation in support of New Product Development (NPD) and Legacy Product activity. Work within company procedures and software to maintain NPD / DHF and Legacy / DMR records in a compliant manner that supports and promotes the Quality Management System. The incumbent will be expected to lead Customer Complaint and Internal Non-conformance problem solving activities for investigation, correction, root cause and permanent corrective action. Lead Risk Management activities and ensure that process risk is identified, and applicable controls and prevention countermeasures are implemented. Prior to manufacturing, lead product realization efforts by reviewing shop traveller requirements to ensure that the quality plan is robust and supports all applicable customer and business requirements. Actively lead and participate in Cortland?s Safety Management System, as well as Cortland?s LEAD System and initiatives for Continuous Improvement.
- Generate and maintain Process Flow Charts, Control Plans and Visual Aid Work Instructions in support of NPD and Legacy Product.
- Design and implement tools, fixtures and gages for the manufacture, inspection and test of NPD and Legacy Product.
- Train manufacturing personnel toward the use of new / revised tool, gages, fixtures and other relevant process expectations as documented in applicable Visual Aid Work Instructions.
- Develop Engineering Study and Validation Protocols and Reports in support of NPD Activity through Production Transfer (i.e. to name a few, Design Verification, Process Validation, MSA and IQ / OQ / PQ activity).
- Maintain Master Validation Plan and Master Validation Schedule
- Conduct and lead problem solving activities to complete the required Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) reports.
- Conduct and lead Process Risk Management Activity (Process Failure Modes Effects Analysis (PFMEA))
- Develop quality and manufacturing work instructions as required to support NPD and Legacy business
- Participate in and uphold all safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activity and events, as required
The Process Quality Engineer will be the go to person for New Process Development, Problem Solving, Risk Management and Product Realization ? key networking will include:
- Quality Assurance
- Production Supervisors
- Shipping / Receiving Supervisor
- Documentation Control
- Medical NPD
Required Education & Experience:
- AAS Degreerequired; BS in Engineering preferred
- Seven or more years? relevant work experiencerequired
- Required - Demonstrated experience using statistical techniques, such as Hypothesis Testing, GR&R, Correlation, Capability Analysis, Design of Experiment and Statistical Sampling
- Experience in an ISO 9001 and/or ISO 13485 manufacturing environment preferred
- Green Belt Certification preferred
If you?re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Actuant offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. Choose opportunity ? choose Actuant!
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer