Process Engineer - Located in West Texas
The Process Engineer is responsible for daily oversight of process technology at the site, including planning, organizing, process monitoring, and controlling daily operations. This is a hands-on, proactive role in developing and optimizing the processes deployed at this site. The engineer is responsible for the process reliability, material throughput and chemicalutilization.
- Develops PFD's (Process Flow Diagrams) and mass balances for new processes
- Oversees efficient performance of multiple production processes
- Leads reliability improvement teams
- Collects and analyzes data which may not be readily available utilizing sound engineering judgment and statistical methods
- Conducts pilot and plant scale test batches
- Solves technical problems in differing chemicalprocesses with ingenuity and originality
- Evaluates technical data, procedures, policies/regulations, while developing appropriate and cost effective solution options.
- Improves process unit operations including environmental systems
Communicates concise summaries of process performance and recommends improvements
- Project manager for process improvement capital projects
- Interacts with and leads other in-plant or outside technical resources to complete projects.
- Participate and/or lead Process Hazard Analysis and Pre-Start-up Safety Reviews for small to moderate projects
- Prepares operating manuals and process documents
- Develops operator training documents and plans
- BS in Chemical engineering , or MSChemical Engineering
- 5+ years in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Process Hazard Analysis
- Lean 6 Sigma, Continuous Improvement experience
- Project Management experience
- Experience using/troubleshooting/programming PLC systems