5 - 7 years
Posted 211 days ago
This position is responsible for the sustainability, continuous improvement, and/or development of the extrusion and auxiliary equipment processes for the Polycarbonate and Thermoplastic Polyurethane Blown Film and Flat Die Business.
* Responsible to plan for and monitor daily production and use information to determine and implement corrective actions, process and quality improvements, Capital Investments/etc.
* Investigates production problems recommends and implements solutions including but not limited to issues with raw material quality, formulation and equipment / tooling. Meets customer expectations and continuously improves efficiency working with internal departments and external resources.
* Directs the necessary resources and sui technology to provide information in a timely manner to support business goals and objectives.
* Makes decisions based on available information considering both short and long-term results from the decision making process.
* Responsible for troubleshooting process, product, and equipment performance issues.
* Interacts with Middle Management, Operations Personnel, Maintenance and Vendors within and external
* Initiates continuous improvement efforts that ensure root-cause analysis of known, repetitive processing, product and maintenance issue* s leading to product non-conformances and machine/Infrastructure failure.
* Plans, schedules, and conducts assigned engineered work, monitors work for compliance, and coordinates assigned work amongst different divisions.
* Ensures technical accuracy of project design details.
* Assists in preparation of project proposals and regularly communicate with clients to ensure timeliness of project completion.
* Develops and maintains process condition reports that give operators a valid starting point for production allowing operators to quickly get into production and achieve optimum process conditions.
* Develops and documents Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), seeks input from production personnel on improvements, and trains production personnel on SOPs
* Ability to learn and effectively use a variety of tools including SAP production and maintenance modules, purchasing/ invoicing of parts/ services to maintain/ address production processes.
* Ability to identify/ scope capital projects.
* Use Manage of Change process to document changes to processes and equipment.
* Participate in customer visits/ audits.
* Available to do limited travel to visit material and equipment suppliers, other sites for technology exchanges, training, trade shows and conferences
* bachelor* s degree in engineering (mechanical or chemical preferred) with at least 5 years progressive job experience, preferably in the Plastics industry and within a manufacturing /maintenance /engineering environment
* Graduate degree is desirable
* Professional registrations and/or certifications are desirable
* Working knowledge of computers and proficiency with software applications including: Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, SAP is desirable
* Working knowledge of CAD and other engineering software is desirable
* Relates well to people at all levels in the organization and possesses a balanced sensitivity to employee concerns and business needs
* Elicits cooperation and influences others to drive business strategies, goals and objectives
* Possesses excellent communication and organization skills.
Candidate Must Have : * bachelor* s degree in Engineering
* Extrusion experience
* Manufacturing experience