Job Description Summary
The Process Engineer has the responsibility and authority for designing, maintaining and improving all regional sterilization processes. The Process Engineer will be responsible for implementing, maintaining, and improving the process operations, process data gathering, and maintenance document control processes as needed. The Process Engineer will identify and implement process related improvement activities with the intent to reduce and minimize non conformances and events. The Process Engineer will be responsible for monitoring, all equipment uptime, KPI, OEE goals, cost improvement and lean activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in, maintenance and improvement of the sterilization process system along with measuring, and tracking facilities department KPIs. Updates department procedures and applicable ISO documentations as needed.
- Responsible for process system activities for all sterilization processes to maximize process capability on equipment performance.
- Identify areas of process improvement (include safety related improvements and labor efficiency related process improvements) to reduce and minimize process related nonconformance incidents and to maximize efficiency of the process.
- Responsible for improving processes to ensure that all equipment uptime is tracked and measured along with monitoring and measuring sterilization OEE.
- Provides informative process performance reports and trending to Management through data analysis tools and other techniques. Trains technicians on usage of systems as needed.
- Initiates, plans, executes, and closes out projects as assigned and assists QA in disposition of equipment/process non-conformances, including documentation of corrective actions and/or acceptance rationale and Engineering comments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering required.
- Also required, 5+ years of applicable experience and a thorough understanding of a wide variety of engineering systems.
- Candidate is preferred to have worked in a fast paced PSM regulated manufacturing environment as well as have experience implementing, developing, and maintaining process/projects.
- CAD experience is preferred.