1. Accountable as the “champion” of all Eighty Four, PA activities related to product development, the associated technology transfer, new product manufacturing and, if applicable, the initial market development for a full range of the location products.
All product and market development activities will be consistent with the location business plan and customer requirements and align with future BU and Division business objectives.
2. Accountable as the primary technical resource to supply knowledge, expertise and direction the location Manufacturing, Quality and Sales functions to support all product development activities.
3. Accountable directly and through others, to create manufacturing practices, procedures, systems and structures which support the transfer of new product technology to production. Assists manufacturing to identify and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost. Manufacturing practices, procedures, systems and the work culture will include the core values of worker safety, compliance with environmental regulations and the facilities quality systems.
4. Directly and through others, accountable for the effective and efficient allocation of all Product Development resources, capital and inventory. Accountable through others for all new product development Capital Appropriation Requests.
5. Works with the Director Operations to establish and communicate the annual Eighty Four Product Development Business Plan and the related operating budget. Going forward, ensures all product development activities operate consistent with the Plan and the budget.
6. Prepare and submit weekly, monthly and annual management reports to summarize all product development activities and successes.
7. Participate in trade shows and similar activities to share information about Eighty Four products, services and manufacturing capabilities to retain customer relationships and develop new business relationships.
8. Maintain membership and active involvement in industry, trade and professional organizations for the benefit of the company and the employee.
9. Maintain a self-improvement program through conferences, seminars, courses and readings to continue to develop expertise in manufacturing management, general management, relevant technical issues and the metals industry.
10. Detail oriented; process driven; organizational skills; level demeanor/customer service oriented attitude.
11. Customer focused and comfortable around all levels of management.
12. Lead multiple technical activities in order to retire technical risk associated with product concepts
13. Develop initial product-development timeline and resource plan
14. When necessary, provide customer support for integration of metal powders solutions.
BS - Chemistry, Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science or similar major. Advanced degree desired. 7-10 years of demonstrated experience in a metals manufacturing environment with an emphasis on new product development, the transfer of technology to manufacturing and, where applicable, the associated initial sales and marketing efforts. The technical expertise and aptitude to readily understand the features and functions of materials and products.
The proven ability to bring focus and clarity to product development. Solid skills as a leader and the proven ability to manage multiple priorities with timely results. Broad knowledge of the specialty metals industry. A career with a succession of increased responsibility based on the achievement of defined results. The proven ability to work productively with individuals at all levels inside and outside the organization.