$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
The Manufacturing Engineer position is responsible for developing and implementing new products/processes, as well as continuously improving existing products/processes to reduce cost, improve quality, and drive incremental revenue. The professional ability to challenge the existing paradigms with innovative solutions to improve business results is a must. The successful candidate will be expected to study actual equipment together with failure histories in order to design preventive and predictive maintenance strategies, lead failure mode / root cause analysis teams and develop reliability enhancements on existing equipment. The successful candidate will be expected to work within a team environment with fellow employees along with outside contractors for the execution of all continuous improvement projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Solid understanding of modern manufacturing/automation processes including but not limited to cellular manufacturing assembly processes.
· Identify needs for automated operations where possible, including justification, implementation and continuous improvement for these processes.
· Implementing and sustaining projects in a variety of Manufacturing Methodologies including but not limited to Lean One Piece Flow, Visual Management, Facilitation of Kaizen Events, Kanban and 5-S.
· Responsible for leading CI Events.
· Collaborate with team members and formulate cross-functional teams to optimize the operation of equipment through the implementation of optimal run settings, line balancing, preventative and predictive maintenance plans and process analysis.
· Communicate effectively continue the development of a growing department within the organization.
· Responsible for the development and implementation of performance reports toclearly communicate efficiencies, productivity, scrap, safety and best practices.
· Responsible for the development of machine tools and tooling to facilitate the growth of quick change over processes using SMED and Poke Yoke techniques.
· Ensure engineering of products for safety, quality, and reliability.
· Consistently deliver the best in customer service. As an employee, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with customers, visitors and other employees.
· Champion AWC's mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Valid Through: 2019-10-17