System ID 2017-6078
If you live safety always and everywhere and have a strong desire to build a better tomorrow then look to the company who helps feed the world.
Cultivating Excellence is Agrium’s culture of ownership and joint accountability. At its heart, Cultivating Excellence is about achieving superior results with integrity together, connecting and collaborating across the entire organization.
While we have great people, it is not just about that; it’s the ability to own your own engagement, the opportunity to be innovative. It’s the opportunity to grow and develop your career in ways you never imagined while teaming up with people with a passion to make a difference in the world.
Who You Will Work With
You will work daily beside teams of people who will care about your safety on the job and at home. Together, you will have a Commitment to Zero and follow our 3 Safety Principles: Do It safely or not at all, There is always time to do it safely, and Care for each other’s health, safety and security.
Your team will bring out the best in you by enabling you to achieve goals and reach your full potential. You will own your own work and find innovative ways to deliver on our vision of feeding the world responsibly while working along beside 15,000 people around the globe who care about you.
The Process Engineer at the Kennewick facility will report directly to the Technical Services Manager. Process engineers engage in a broad range of activities across the operation including process safety, production troubleshooting, production and quality improvement, support of the Continuous Improvement Program, and process support for capital work and Corporate environmental initiatives.
The process engineer will help identify, design, and implement changes to the process that increase our ability to safely operate our proceses. The process engineer will work closely with operations to be the technical support to better create the safe working environment. Changing environmental regulations are impacting the management of air emissions, groundwater impacts, and wastewater streams. Significant process engineering involvement is required to ensure process changes minimize the generation & costs of these waste streams.
Process safety is a significant responsibility of the process engineers including development and maintenance of SOL’s, generation of process safety information, participation in PHA’s, and completion of PSM related CAPS arising from PHAs’, Audits, and plant incidents. This demand is expected to increase with the Commitment to Zero and minimization of risk through elimination of process safety vulnerability.
Process engineers provide direct day to day support to the production areas including troubleshooting assistance for a variety of safety, process safety, production, and product quality issues.
Process Improvement/Continuous Improvement
Improvement of the process is a traditional process engineering function. Process engineers are involved as process experts on many of the teams driving continuous improvement.
Capital Project Process Support
Process engineers are members of capital project teams to insure that projects successfully meet process requirements. The process engineer will provide the front end engineering for a successful project. Process engineers support and provide plant expertise to Corporate environmental initiatives associated with the plant.
- Ensure safe and efficient work practices, and adhere to process safety, personal safety, and environmental policies.
- Process safety improvements, development of safe operating limits, and management of change
- Production support including safe work practice, process troubleshooting, and quality improvement
- Process improvement, development, and design
- Pump, piping, heat transfer, and mass balance calculations
- Project management, scheduling, and cost estimating
- Contractor oversight
The Ideal Candidate
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, our ideal candidate must be committed to achieving superior results with integrity and sustaining our safe and positive work environment while having the ability to embrace working side by side others in a diverse culture.
- Statistical process control and/or six sigma certification
- Experience with economic analysis and justifications
- Petro-chemical experience - preferably fertilizer manufacturing
- Supervisory skills and experience
- B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering with a minimum of ten years’ experience.
- Leadership skills
- Self-starter, able to work with little direct oversight
- Work well in a fast-paced “team” environment
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Possess problem solving, trouble-shooting, and diagnostic skills
- Excellent computer skills with a knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- SAP experience is a plus
- Knowledge in process safety management practices such as Process Hazard Analysis and Management of Change
- Experience working in a plant environment