At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally, with annual sales generally in excess of $5 million. Our 9 major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
** Strong preference for team member to sit in Charlotte, NC office but all Wells Fargo hub locations will be considered **
Wholesale Business solutions (WBS) is responsible for working with all lines of business across Wholesale Banking to source and implement process improvement activity, assist with defining and developing new processes, isolate and mitigate process risk exposure, review and enhance the customer experience, and assist with assessment of new or improved revenue sources.
The Wholesale Process Engineering Office is searching for mid-to-senior level Process Engineers to support design and improvement initiatives within Wells Fargo’s Wholesale Banking Group.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead, facilitate, and drive business process engineering for major wholesale level initiatives including: current state business assessment, detailed analysis, design, implementation and control of new or improved processes
- Apply process improvement, reengineering methodologies, and best practice principles to design and implement process modernization and to build out new target operating models to include: management systems and tools, procedures, work instructions and job aids, and training materials
- Establish appropriate level of transparency in business processes, controls, and performance results to ensure adequate understanding of process and alignment to desired outcomes, the quantifiable and qualitative benefits that the business can obtain by moving from the current state to the future state business design, as well as specific responsibility to show cost-savings, quality, and service impacts for process improvement initiatives
- Establish and enforce protocols and guidelines that provide guardrails to promote the adherence to new processes and procedures
- Assess impact, develop planning and execute readiness for a process change to ensure quality and service levels; work with Change Management to determine how to enable effective change where required
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of engineering tools and methods to mentor junior engineers and line of business matrixed team members on process improvement
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: process engineering, military (supply chain, analytics and/or engineering); or LEAN/Six Sigma Black belt and 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: process engineering, military (supply chain, analytics or engineering)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, engineering, or physics
- Change Management skills such as Prosci/ADKAR
- Knowledge and understanding of Rapid Process Automation software such as Blue Prism
- Knowledge and understanding of Business Process Management Notation (BPMN) software such as iGrafx
- Knowledge and understanding of Statistical Analysis software such as Minitab
- Facilitation skills such as Helix
Other Desired Qualifications
- Relevant Strategy and/or Big 4 Consulting experience
- Prior financial industry and/or Wholesale Banking experience
- Demonstrated experience with business process mapping tools such as Visio or iGrafx
- Knowledge and understanding of statistical analysis software, such as Minitab
- Knowledge and understanding of Rapid Process Automation and related tools, such as Blue Prism
- Demonstrated experience leading large-scope and change intensive process improvement initiatives to successful conclusion
- Ability to lead, present, and obtain buy-in from large stakeholder groups spanning staff team members through senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to deliver relevant information to business partners in a clear, concise format
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate effectively in either a face-to-face or virtual environment
- Proven experience in developing and implementing process improvement strategies, validating positive financial results through the establishment of performance tracking capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to execute process improvement methodologies with emphasis on Lean principles
- Experience with development of performance management systems, including production standards development and application
- Experience with leading others, either as direct reports or part of a formal project / initiative team
- Demonstrated capability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently, recognizing the significance of competing priorities
- WF Enterprise Process Engineering Advanced learning level or LEAN/Six Sigma Black belt must be documented as completed within 1 year of job start date